Memory impaired care
Individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s or other cognitive disorders have special medical, social, and recreational needs. Hamilton Grove has created a unique environment and care program that are specifically designed to address these requirements.
- SECURE UNIT - Hamilton Grove's Alzheimer's Unit is situated in a separate, secure wing to ensure the safety and well-being of residents. The wide corridors are homelike and easy to navigate, promoting a sense of familiarity and security.
- TRAINED CAREGIVERS - The Alzheimer’s unit caregivers are specially trained to care for memory impaired residents. With their extra sensitivity and understanding of the condition and its impact, our caregivers treat each resident with dignity and love.
- SPECIAL PROGRAMMING - A specialized care program helps memory-impaired patients maximize their cognitive function. The activities program is also specifically designed to enhance sociability and enjoyment of life.
- THERAPY - For patients in more advanced stages, the Alzheimer's Unit offers innovative sensory therapies, including audiovisual stimuli, with soothing, pastoral scenes, as well as aromatherapy, promoting a sense of calm.
- SOOTHING ENVIRONMENT - The Alzheimer's Unit features a bright and cheerful solarium where residents love to relax and enjoy the sun. The solarium opens to a beautifully landscaped enclosed courtyard where residents relish the fresh air and lovely outdoor surroundings.
The Alzheimer's Unit at Hamilton Grove provides:
- A structured daily routine
- Mind-stimulating activities
- Encourage social interaction
- Maximize patient's independence
- A calm and soothing atmosphere
- Help maintain a safe environment
- Nutritious meals
- Ensure client is properly hydrated
- Help manage changing behaviors
The Alzheimer's Unit provides family members with peace of mind. They know that the specialized Alzheimer's care at Hamilton Grove is unparalleled in maximizing patients' dignity and quality of life.